Go Spidey Go!
So unless you were living under a rock, Sony and Marvel Studios has dropped the trailer for Spider-Man: Homecoming, the 16th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Tom Holland returns as Peter Parker and is joined by Robert Downey, Jr.’s Tony Stark and Michael Keaton as The Vulture.
Seeing Spidey back in action is a delight, but there are some things that we’ve noticed in the trailer that somehow gives more clues on how the movie will be. Here are some of them:
1. Spider-Man’s emblem is a drone – The spider symbol on his doesn’t just give his identity, but we now know that Spider-Man’s emblem is actually a drone.
2. His suit automatically fits his body – We see Peter putting on a rather loose suit, but a simple press of a button and everything fits automatically. We have to thank Tony Stark for that.
3. Iron Man has a bigger role than expected – Since Iron Man/Tony Stark was present in almost half of the movie, it looks like he will be playing the mentor role and teach Peter what it really means to be a hero.
4. MCU cameos – We’ve already seen Captain America cameo in what seems to be a physical fitness video. But what other characters can we expect to appear? Considering the movie takes place in New York there’s a good chance that other characters might also have a cameo (yes, including Stan Lee).
5. Chitauri remnants – The Battle of New York in The Avengers left a bunch of alien tech for everyone to steal, and while it is not confirmed it looks like most of these weapons come from the remnants of that battle.
6. Vulture – Michael Keaton plays the main baddie in Spider-Man: Homecoming. And while The Vulture seems like a tame character in the comics, the movie version ups the ante by giving it bigger wings and more crazy weapons.
7. More villains – A small shot of the trailer featured another villain battling the web slinger. Many have pointed out the person to be Shocker – that means we can expect more than one villain in this film.
8. No more suit – Halfway through the trailer Tony Stark takes back the suit from Peter telling him that the suit doesn’t make him the hero, but it’s himself. We then see him fighting the bad guys in a rather low tech suit after that – but will he get it back?
9. Mary Jane Watson? – Up until now no one has confirmed what character Zendaya will be playing the movie but many are still speculating that she will indeed play Mary Jane Watson, Peter Parker’s love interest.
10. It’s tough being a kid – The movie was also quick to point out that Peter is a teenager in this version, and that being a superhero requires more responsibility that expected, and that’s a lot of pressure for someone who is still in high school.
What did you think of the trailer? Tell us your thoughts in the comments below!