It is without a doubt that the Nintendo Switch is one of the best video game consoles at the moment. Though initial response is the operating system on the Switch still needs a bit of reworking, Nintendo has already been active in making sure the operating system gets it timely updates.
As version 5.0 rolls out to all Nintendo Switch devices, it introduces some much-needed features to the console – this includes the ability for you to search for Twitter and Facebook friends through Friend Suggestions. Games that have a Parental Rating will lock screenshots and videos taken in the Gallery so there’s no chance your kid can see anything even if it’s a screenshot.
Here’s a rundown of all the new features for Version 5.0.0:
– Facebook and Twitter friends that also use Nintendo Switch can now be added through Friend Suggestions
– Using the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app, add specific software titles to your whitelist to exclude them from the console’s Parental Controls Restricted Software setting
– Captured videos in the Album will be restricted by Parental Controls depending on the Restricted Software setting and Software Rating Organization
– To keep the Parental Controls PIN private, the default method for PIN entry has been changed to entering using the Control Stick and buttons instead of the on-screen number pad
– Select from 24 new ARMS and the Kirby series icons for your user
– Digital software purchases made from a PC or smart device will start downloading sooner than previously, even if the Nintendo Switch console is in Sleep Mode
– Receive a notification when pre-purchased software is ready to play
– Filter News to view only unread news or news from specific channels
– Nintendo Switch Pro Controller grip colors will now display in the Controllers menu
If your Nintendo Switch is already connected to a Wi-Fi hotspot, then the download will begin automatically.