They’re back… in black.
The Men in Black are back, but it is now expanding the world introduced in the first three movies to showcase agents and offices located on other parts of the world. It’s also a way to introduce new agents to the cast, in the form Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson, who are taking over from Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.
Here are some facts you must read before seeing the film:
– Early into production, the movie was supposed to be a crossover between ‘Men in Black’ and ‘21 Jump Street’ which would have featured the casts from both franchises. The plan didn’t materialize and a spin-off featuring new MIB agents was made instead.
– Emma Thompson will be reprising her role from Men in Black 3.
– F. Gary Gray is directing the movie, making it the first Men in Black movie not to be directed by Barry Sonnenfeld, who helmed the last three movies.
– Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson were previously seen in Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Endgame.
– The movie was originally scheduled to release in May, but to avoid competition from films like Avengers: Endgame it was pushed back to June.
– Men in Black International will release 22 years after the original 1997 movie.
– It is rumored that another sequel is being planned with Will Smith, Chris Hemsworth and his brother Liam Hemsworth.
Men in Black: International opens in UAE cinemas this Thursday, June 20th.