What movie are you most excited to see?
2019 will bring in a new batch of movies that are guaranteed to earn millions. From superhero movies to sequels and other original films, this year promises to be the most jam-packed movie season yet. There are more than 70+ blockbuster movies coming out this year, and while it’s difficult to narrow down all our favorites, here’s 10 of our most anticipated movies of 2019:
10. Us – Jordan Peele already gave us a crazy ride with Get Out, and it looks like this follow is looks even crazier.
9. The Lion King – Following Dumbo and Aladdin which will all release this year. I’m mostly just excited about the live-action remake of The Lion King. Hearing that opening call again is literally music to my ears.
8. Godzilla: King of the Monsters – I’ve been patiently waiting for this sequel after it was teased that some of Godzilla’s greatest enemies will be making an appearance – and judging from the trailer it looks like it’s going to be one massive fight.
7. Shazam! – The only DCEU movie to come out this year, Shazam! brings in a more lighter tone to the franchise, which could be accepted well by fans.
6. Toy Story 4 – While it’s an unneeded sequel, I still trust that this new installment from the Toy Story franchise can deliver something and would make me cry again in the cinema.
5. X-Men: Dark Phoenix – While it’s plagued by production delays and its release date moved, I’m still excited on how they will bring justice to the Dark Phoenix storyline especially after what happened with X-Men: The Last Stand.
4. Spider-Man: Far from Home – I had a choice between this and Captain Marvel, but I’m more excited about Spidey’s second outing in the Marvel Cinematic Universe – especially since it’s now confirmed that Jake Gyllenhaal will play the villain Mysterio (though it is rumored that he won’t be a villain).
3. Hobbs and Shaw – This may be one spinoff I’m actually interested to see. After eight Fast & Furious movies, this spinoff nows puts the spotlight on Hobbs (The Rock) and Shaw (Jason Statham). It’s an interesting tandem that could bring lots of fun and action to the franchise.
2. Star Wars Episode IX – The ultimate conclusion to the Skywalker saga arrives in December. Details about the story are still unknown, but we’re glad that Mark Hamill and even Carrie Fisher (through the use of stock footage) will be making a comeback.
1. Avengers: Endgame – It had to be this right? While it’s the fourth installment of the highly successful franchise from Marvel Studios, it is also the conclusion of the 10-year, 21-movie saga that would finally answer how our heroes will be able to defeat Thanos.
Any other movies you that should be on the list? Give it a shoutout in the comments below!