To Infinity and Beyond!
While 2010’s Toy Story 3 brought a somewhat bittersweet ending to the story of Andy and his toys, many thought that it will be the last of the series. That is why everyone was surprised when Pixar announced that a fourth Toy Story movie has started development.
Fast-forward to today, and based on the trailers and early reactions, it looks like Toy Story 4 is another masterpiece that will surely have our eyes bawling from start to finish.
Brush up on some of these awesome Toy Story 4 facts before it opens next week:
- It was revealed that both Tom Hanks and Tim Allen had trouble recording their lines for the final scenes because of how emotional it was – I guess we need brings tissues for this one too.
- Toy Story 4 brings back the character of Bo Peep, who was absent from Toy Story 3.
- Like all the previous movies, it takes years to finish the movie. Voice recordings for Tom Hanks started as early as December of 2015, the same time when he was shooting Sully.
- Don Rickles, the voice of Mr. Potato Head, passed away in 2017 right before he was able to record his part for the movie. His family requested if any of his previous recordings can be used, which is what Pixar did. They collected various recordings from previous movies and sounds the actor has recorded on ads and video games to be able to show a whole new performance.
- This will be Josh Cooley’s directorial debut. He previously worked in the animation department at Pixar, working on Inside Out, Brave and Cars 2. He was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay in 2015 for Inside Out.
- Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele make their debut in Toy Story 4.
- Keanu Reeves was also revealed to voice a toy named Duke Kaboom. This is his first Disney movie.
- Toy Story 4 features a new character named Forky, who is convinced that he is not a toy. This strongly emulates the story of the first movie where Buzz Lightyear believed that he himself wasn’t a toy.
- Toy Story 4 releases 24 years since the first movie (1995) and 9 years since the last sequel (2010).
- In one of the movie’s posters, you can see Doug from Up in the background.
Toy Story 4 releases in the UAE on June 20th.
As always, thanks to IMDB for providing these cool factoids!