The company reported more than hundreds of thousands of dirhams in savings.
The UAE celebrated its first Prime Day as part of Amazon’s global sale that took place on July 15 and 16. The member’s only sale also included a Prime Day concert headline by Taylor Swift. Amazon reported that 175 million items were purchased during the Prime Day sale.
“Only weeks after the local launch of Prime, UAE Prime members had the chance to join members around the world in shopping epic deals during Amazon’s Prime Day,” said Ronaldo Mouchawar, Vice President, Amazon MENA. “Prime Members in the UAE enjoyed deals on thousands of items, and best-selling product categories in the UAE included Health, Beauty and Perfumes, Electronics, and Grocery. 50% of products purchased by customers during Prime Day in the UAE came from innovators and entrepreneurs – most of which are small and medium-sized businesses.”
Here are some global highlights from the Prime Day sale:
– Almost one billion dollars was saved during the sale
– A big percentage of items brought shipped on an average of one day
– The sale saw new Prime members signing up to access member-only deals
– Many customers brought smart home devices
– In the UAE, the biggest sellers on Prime Day included Al Ain Bottled Water, Ariel Laundry Detergent, and Fine Towel Tissue Roll.
Amazon Prime is the company’s premier membership that gives you access to discounts and other benefits including access to Prime Video to watch Amazon originals along with Twitch Prime. Amazon Prime in the UAE costs 16 AED per month or 140 AED per year. From now until the end of October, you can enjoy Amazon Prime for only 12 AED per month. You can also opt for a 30-day free trial.