The first day of the biggest gadget sale in the Middle East was met with massive crowds combined with massive discounts.
The first day of GITEX Shopper 2014 opened its doors today at the Dubai World Trade Centre. The event marks the biggest sale for consumer gadgets and IT equipment which has drawn more than 200,000 visitors and generated more than 245 AED million in sales.
This year’s event was no different from the past year – but it’s bigger and better. With numerous deals and bargains, everyone will find something to like. Here are a few of the bargains we’ve seen:
– Dell’s new Venue 8 tablets will be on sale starting from 599 AED.
– The new Alienware gaming notebooks will also be on sale starting at 7999 AED. With each purchase, you will get a free Alienware mouse and backpack.
– Asus’ new ZenPhone 5 will also be on sale for 899 AED.
– Purchase a Galaxy Note 3 LTE for 2,399 AED from One Mobile and get a free sound bar, screen protector and portable battery pack.
– Buy any device from One Mobile worth 1,501 AED to 2,000 AED and get a free 5.1 channel home speakers or a Jawbone FitBit.
– If you spend 500 AED at Jacky’s Electronics, you stand a chance to win HiSense TVs every hour.
– Purchase a Nokia Lumia smartphone and get 100 AED off your first ride with Uber. You will also get a free two-month subscription with Icflix, which includes unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows.
-Purchase a Canon EOS 600D and get an 8 GB & 32 GB memory card, 500 GB hard disk, Eurostar tablet, carrying case and a tripod all for free.
– Jacky’s Electronics will give you a chance to win a MINI Copper if you purchase a 4K TV, notebook or tablet.
– EMax gives you a chance to get free return flights to 25 destinations by simply purchasing selected products. Did we say it’s for free?
– Emax also gives you the chance to exchange your old smartphone for a brand new one.
– Purchase a Sony PlayStation 4 at Emax and get FIFA 15 for free.
– Purchase an HP Pavilion notebook for 3599 AED and get a back pack, stereo headset, fitness tracker, a shirt with built-in earphone, Microsoft 365 subscription, McAfee Internet Security, Western Digital 1 TB hard disk, and a 500 AED Sharaf DG voucher all for free.
– Purchase a bundle worth 5,999 AED that includes a 55-inch HiSense 4K TV and an Apple MacBook Pro.
Stay tuned as we report more deals from the event. GITEX Shopper 2014 will run from the 27th of September and will continue on for 8 days until the 4th of October at the Dubai World Trade Centre. Doors will be open from 11 am to 11 pm and tickets will be priced at 30 each, with university students eligible for a discount. Children below 5 years of age get in for free.
Check out images from GITEX Shopper 2014 below: