Kone has introduced the world’s first digital elevator series to the Middle East and Africa. The Kone DX Class — the DX standing for “digital experience” — recasts the role of elevators in buildings. With this new development, the elevator is no longer merely a way to travel between floors, but an integral and integrated platform that offers intuitive, ambient and connected experiences that extend from the lobby throughout the building. For developers and building owners, where design and differentiation are critical, a key advantage is the ability to adapt and upgrade the elevator experience according to needs now and in the future. Kone’s flexibility can support any building, no matter its age, in levelling up its infrastructure at any time to become a smart building, regardless of whether the existing equipment is manufactured by Kone.
Upgrades can be provided to any type of elevators, not only Kone equipment. Kone DX enables existing buildings to become smart while helping to provide the benefits that smart elevators bring. This means any building of any age can be given a facelift, to provide the latest user experience. It means moving from modernizing because of age or obsolescence to modernizing for customer experience and building value.
When you step inside an elevator, the first thing you probably notice is how it looks. But beyond aesthetics, there are many invisible ways in which the smart materials and finishes in the new Kone DX Class elevators improve hygiene and add to peace of mind. Importantly, digital services can be activated remotely as customers need, without having to visit the site to install anything. With Kone DX class elevators, customers can also take advantage of planning tools, including a virtual car designer, tools for energy modeling as well as People Flow and consulting services.
These features are joined by a modern suite of functionalities perfectly in tune with such a future-focused region. The new Kone DX Class enables customers to tailor and plug in additional software and services for elevators throughout the entire lifetime of a building. By using open application programming interfaces (APIs), Kone’s approach makes it easy to manage and integrate different devices, apps and services with new and existing systems. For elevator passengers this brings a host of new, multisensory experiences inside the elevator, combining physical hardware and digital services.
Every Kone DX Class elevator provides:
- The option for customers to easily and remotely activate digital services when they need to, including Kone 24/7 Connected Services, the region’s first smart predictive maintenance solution that predicts problems and acts on them before they occur.
- Secure APIs for third-party solutions, which create new and exciting services. Kone is also announcing agreements with a number of companies, such as Blindsquare; Gaussian Robotics Soundtrack Your Brand and more, to bring new levels of sophistication to the people flow experience.
- A whole new variety of design options and innovations, including anti-stain, anti-scratch, anti-fingerprint and anti-bacterial surfaces.
- Advanced dynamic display, sound and lighting options to transform the ambience and interior.
- A range of sustainable materials to meet green building criteria like BREEAM and LEED.
The Kone DX Class series is available across markets in the region, beginning with the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Egypt as focus markets for regional growth.