Panasonic has partnered with the Japan Pavilion to provide an immersive experience to the visitors with its projection mapping and mist solutions at Expo 2020. In addition, the Japanese technology giant also introduced its newest solutions for indoor air quality and connected homes, promising healthy, safe and convenient spaces in the new normal.
In line with its brand theme, ‘Quality Air for Life’, which aims to enhance air quality indoors in homes, hospitals, offices, schools and other environments, key highlights include the unique nanoe X technology (Air Conditioners, Air Purifiers & Portable nanoe X Generator), which is a breakthrough innovation by Panasonic that helps inhibit the growth of air pollutants, bacteria and viruses from the atmosphere by using the power of Hydroxyl radicals; and “ziaino”, a specialized technology of air sterilization for commercial usage, which inhibits bacteria and virus in commercial space by using the power of Hypochlorous agent.
Another key solution, along with other B2B solutions, is MirAIe. This connected living solution brings control of all smart home appliances to the user’s fingertips, be it lighting, air conditioning or daily appliances like washer-dryers and refrigerators.
“At EXPO 2020, our guests at the Japan pavilion will be able to take note of Panasonic’s immensely strong line up of industry leading products and solutions including housing equipment, and IoT enabled innovative solutions capable of empowering our consumers to lead a convenient and healthy life, while offering complete non-contact operation of home appliances to enhance daily living. Panasonic has always put in the same focus in this regional market, as we do for our other global markets, and our history of continued investment is a strong example of brand’s dedication to this region. This region has been a unique market with growing demand for smart city and smart homes solutions, that is where we expect big growth in the future. Not to mention the growing investment into IoT and smart industries to enhance life quality are remarkable in the Middle East compared to other regions globally,” commented Hiroyuki Shibutani, Managing Director, Panasonic Marketing Middle East & Africa FZE.
“The World Expos have provided us with a platform to showcase and announce the greatest innovations that have made this world a better place to live, and we are excited to partner with the Japan Pavilion to represent the country’s know-how in developing the technologies of tomorrow. Ensuing with the pavilion’s theme ‘Where ideas meet’, We are introducing some of our groundbreaking products – MirAIe, the connected living IoT platform, and nanoe X & ziaino air quality solutions to the region. As a leader in the technology sector, we are committed to bringing cutting-edge innovations, expertise and experience cultivated over a century to make every home, office, school a healthy, safe, and comfortable space,” he added.
Speaking about the solutions at event, Managing Director of Panasonic Life Solutions Middle East and Africa (PLSMEA), a division of Panasonic Marketing Middle East & Africa FZE – Eiji Ito said, “The quality of the air that surrounds us can have a direct impact on our health and well-being. In fact, we breathe in 18 kg of air every day, which is equivalent to 60 percent of the substances we consume every day. Therefore, clean air is much more important than food or water. As concerns about infectious diseases due to airborne bacteria and viruses are increasing, creating more healthy, safe and relief environments in homes and businesses and understanding the impact of indoor air quality are more important than ever in the new normal. Panasonic is contributing to the creation of healthy environments around the world with ‘Quality Air for Life’ through unique solutions such as nanoe X and ziaino.”
Panasonic solutions Highlights at Japan Pavilion, Expo 2020 Dubai
- ‘Quality Air for Life’ Solutions
Nanoe X technology
Panasonic has been researching on nanoe Technology over the past 20 years since 1997 and has verified its effectiveness in a variety of areas, including inhibiting pathogenic microorganism (bacteria, fungi, and viruses) and allergens, breaking down PM 2.5 components that have adverse effects on the human body*1.
nanoe X is an advanced version of Panasonic’s unique, patented nanoe technology that is already known for its indoor air purification & deodorization effects. nanoe X is an upgrade that has 10 times faster air purification power, increased efficiency for inhibiting viruses and bacteria and better
- nanoeX Air Conditioner – The nanoe X feature in Panasonic Air Conditioners will ensure healthier cooling users. The ACs will not only cool and heat the surroundings but also clean the indoor air. The nanoe X is an evidence of how Panasonic stays true to offering new value for better living and help realize “A Better Life, A Better World”. The air conditioners with new nanoe X will provide optimal daily comfort while breathing into cleaner air. With 24-hour protection to keep living spaces fresh and clean, customers can benefit from improved heath for a better life.
- nanoeX Air Purifier – The unique nanoe X air purifier leaves indoors fresh and clean with 10 times speed of the current nanoe air purifiers. The nanoeX stays 6 times longer that general air ions, which can inhibit the growth of bacteria, allergens, and odors. The nanoeX device releases radicals in water molecules, which increases the effectiveness in eliminating the odors. nanoeX air purifiers come with other advanced features such as Active Deodorization, Skin & Hair Hydration, HEPA Composite Filter and De-Formadehyde Technology that protects against TVOC contamination. The new Air Purifiers will also boast a ‘Superellipse’ design to achieve functionality as well as aesthetic enhancement of homes.
- nanoe X Generator – The coffee tumbler shape device comes in a compact size, making it perfect for various environments such as cars, work desks, etc. Weighing just 0.4kg, the portable nanoe X Generator is easy to carry around even during travel, providing clean air anytime and anywhere. nanoeX technology in this device inhibits 99.9% viruses (H1N1 and H5N1) in 2 hours and 99.9% bacteria (E.Coli 0157, MRSA) in 1 hour*
Panasonic has already collaborated with Grab Holdings Inc. (Grab), the leading everyday superapp in Southeast Asia, for an initiative to equip 5,500 GrabCar Premium vehicles in five cities across four countries (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia), Singapore, Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi (Vietnam), and Jakarta (Indonesia)) with nanoe X Generators.
The innovative solution by Panasonic “cleans the air” of interiors to a high degree using the sterilizing and deodorizing power of sodium hypochlorite. ziaino effectively sanitizes the environment using hypochlorous acid HOCl through electrolysis of saltwater, eliminating 99.99% of bacteria and viruses such as H1N1/EV71/E. coli etc. Apart from purifying indoor air, molecules HOCI released by Hypochlorous acid can effectively eliminate bacteria and viruses sticking to objects. The solution is ideal for different venues, including restaurants, hotels, hospitals, clinics, laboratories, elderly hostels, schools, offices, pet shops, fitness centres and shopping malls.
- MirAIe connected living platform
Capitalizing on its leading market position as an appliance manufacturer, combined with an expertise in technological innovations, Panasonic gets a significant competitive advantage in this space. The IoT & AI-enabled connected living solution aims to empower everyday lives with comfort, convenience, and seamless connectivity across many Panasonic devices. The devices controlled by MirAIe includes a connected air conditioner, washing machine, refrigerator, switches, and others.
- Other B2B Solutions
Furthermore, the brand is showcasing several latest B2B solutions for control rooms, such as face mask detection, projection mapping technologies amongst others.
Experience these technologies at Expo2020 Dubai at the Japan Pavilion experience zones and VIP lounge.