The new 11th Generation Intel® Core™ H-series mobile processors (code-named Tiger Lake-H) launched worldwide today, led by the flagship Intel Core i9-11980HK – positioned with good reason as the world’s best gaming laptop processor. The Intel Core i9-11980HK delivers the highest-performance in laptops for gaming, content creators and business professionals reaching speeds of up to 5.0 gigahertz (GHz).
Desktop-caliber gaming performance on mobile is the promise with the new 11th Gen Intel Core H-series processors, as Intel leverages deep expertise in advanced processor design and PC gaming to bring the world’s best gaming laptop processors to gamers around the globe.
Intel has added five consumer processors and five commercial processors to its Tiger Lake-H generation. Both groups include three eight-core chips and two six-core chips. All of the parts are 35W, save the flagship Core i9-11980HK, which is clocked at 65W. You’ll see them in over 30 upcoming ultraportables (laptops 20mm or thinner) and over 80 workstations.
Extending the performance momentum established by the 11th Gen Intel Core H35 series, the 11th Gen Intel H-series processors, based on 10 nanometer SuperFin process technology, feature up to 8 cores and 16 threads, with single and dual-core turbo performance up to 5.0GHz. Additionally, the central processing unit (CPU) can directly access high-speed GDDR6 memory attached to the graphics card, enabling gamers to experience higher framerates with lower latency, and load large textures faster. The mobile processor offers 2.5 times the total PCIe bandwidth to the CPU compared with the 10th Gen H-series processors, and three times the total PCIe bandwidth compared with other industry processors.
11th Gen Intel Core H-series mobile processors empower creators and business professionals to execute tasks faster, from anywhere, thanks to best-in-class components and connectivity. With 20 lanes of PCIe Gen 4 — a first for any laptop — the processor offers 4k HDR/Dolby Vision video streaming, rich configurations with fast storage, hybrid Intel Optane for high performance and capacity, 6GHz Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+) support, and Thunderbolt 4 with up to 40 gigabytes (GBs) per second for faster connections.
On the gaming front, Intel says the Core i9-11980HK will deliver significantly better frame rates than its Comet Lake predecessor on titles including Hitman 3, Far Cry New Dawn, and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.
New platform features also include:
- 20 PCIe Gen 4.0 lanes with Intel Rapid Storage Technology bootable in Raid 0 — and up to 44 total PCIe lanes that include 24 PCIe Gen 3.0 lanes from a dedicated platform controller hub.
- Memory support up to DDR4-3200.
- Thunderbolt 4 with transfer speeds up to 40Gbps.
- Discrete Intel Killer Wi-Fi 6E (Gig+).
- Dual Embedded Display Port integrated for power optimized companion display.
Intel also introduced new Intel vPro H-series processors — led by the eight-core and 16-thread Intel Core i9-11950H — and Intel Xeon W-11000 series mobile processors. Built on the 11th Gen Intel vPro platform, the unrivaled business-class PC platform delivers comprehensive hardware-based security and breakthrough performance, as well as powerful computing experiences for professional users such as engineers, data scientists, content creators and financial analysts who need to tackle multi-threaded, performance intensive applications at their desk, or on the go. The new 11th Gen Intel Core vPro H-series processors and Xeon W-11000 series mobile processors unveiled today and, when combined with the new Intel Core vPro platform, offer:
- Xeon + Error Correcting Code (ECC) memory.
- Intel Hardware Shield — available exclusively on the Intel vPro platform, as delivered by 11th Gen Intel Core vPro mobile processors, provides the world’s most comprehensive hardware-based security for business, and the industry’s first and only silicon-enabled artificial intelligence threat detection to help stop ransomware and cryptomining attacks for Windows-based systems.5 It is also equipped with Intel Control-flow Enforcement Technology, a ground-breaking technology to help shut down an entire class of attacks that long evaded software-only solutions.6
- Intel Total Memory Encryption.
- Intel Active Management Technology.
- Intel Deep Learning Boost.
With more than one million 11th Gen H-series processors shipped to Intel partners worldwide by launch, 11th Gen Intel Core Mobile H-series and Intel Xeon W-11000 series processors will power more than 80 enthusiast laptop designs across consumer, commercial and workstation segments this year.