Swallowed AirPod surprisingly still works
May 5, 2019
COMMENTS

That’s top-notch quality right there.

A man from Taiwan who accidentally swallowed his Apple AirPods said that the device is still working even after he has passed it. The story was reported by local news outlets in the country and has spread all around the world.

The man, named Ben Hsu, said that he woke up from sleep to discover one of his AirPods missing. After using the Find My AirPods function which would emit an audible beep, he was surprised to learn that it was inside his stomach.

After going to the hospital where he was given laxatives to pass out the rogue Apple device, the AirPod still survived his digestive track and even has a 41 percent battery left. While others may simply just disregard it Hsu decided to save that one AirPod (maybe because it isn’t really cheap).  After giving it a hopefully thorough wash and letting it dry, it still worked perfectly and was still pairing with his iPhone.

While AirPods aren’t supposed to survive in harsh conditions, it’s nice to know that it is durable enough to survive the inner linings of the human stomach. But the next time you sleep with your AirPods on, be sure not to swallow it.

by Victor Philip Ortiz
Tech Enthusiast and Movie Buff. When he’s not busy playing with the latest games, Victor usually spends his time collecting Blu-rays and building his own movie library. As the Online Editor for T3 Middle East, he develops and writes content for www.T3ME.com which includes reviews, features, and videos in addition to managing its social media and web content.
Read More